As you may know, the Westfest dance music event is taking place at the Royal Bath and West Showground on the night of 27th October.
We have implemented some improvements so as to have the least possible impact on the local community as. Some of these improvements are as follows:
· Traffic management system to reduce any build up of traffic on to the A371.
· Shuttle buses transporting people to and from the event from Castle Cary to keep our customers off the A371. We cannot stop local attendees walking the roads if they choose but we are urging anyone who will be attending not to walk along the roads and ask that if you know anyone attending that you put forward the same message. The A371 is not a safe road to walk on at night so recommend either minicabs or to use one of the shuttle bus services.
· There will be no access to the event via the main gate. All visitors must enter through Blue gate only, so if you are dropping people off then please drive them down to the correct entrance, as it is not safe for them to walk along that main road with no pathway.
· All Drop Off/Pick Ups, Shuttle Trips and Coaches will be accessible from the Transport Hub to the West of the Showground. Vehicle access for Drop off will be through Blue Gate and exit via Green Gate on the A37. For returning vehicles picking up, the entrance will be via Green Gate on the A37. All routes will be signed on the highways.
· Blue gate is the southern entrance, Pecking Mill side, on the A371 (nearest postcode BA4 6QW). Green Gate is on the A37 north of Pylle, below Beard Hill (nearest postcode BA4 6ST)
· Following parking problems on the A371 outside the showground last year, the roadway will this year be marked as ‘no parking – vehicles parked here will be towed’ and vehicles parked along the roadway are liable to being towed away.
· Shuttle buses run as follows: Castle Cary Station from 16:30 – Service runs every 45 minutes. Shuttle buses return to the station from 8:00am on Sunday the 28th.
· To ensure the safety of anyone who does choose to walk along the unlit road there will be a Southbound road closure of the A371 from the A37 (Whitstone roundabout) to Bagborough Lane, from 02:00 to 07:30 on Sunday 28th October. This will mean that access to Prestleigh will be only from the Northbound direction during this time. We hope the timings of this closure will limit the impact on local residents, and it is necessary to ensure public safety.
Should you wish to contact us during the show for any reason please call:
Production office on: 01749 574 013
Noise hotline on: 01749 574 015
These numbers will be staffed from 10:00am on the 27th through to 9:00am on Sunday 28 October.